Thursday, July 06, 2006

Time well spent ...

Not being so frantic has enabled me to spend unhurried time with my Middle Eastern/ S.E. Asian friends. They love to reminisce with great relish those times spent in the countryside back in their own country: Treks for days on end in the mountains; nights spent under the stars with good friends; barbecues out in the wilds. And I mean proper barbecues. Like this...whole sheep draped over a fire!
So, armed with my poor but adequate imitation- a disposable bbq with some kobabs and chicken strips- I have lately been taking myself off into the glorious Peak District with a friend and spending a few fun hours in what I call God's Adventure Playground. The conversations take on a different feel as you clamber over rocks together. You become fellow travellers. The sharing of an adventure affects your relationship thereafter.
Maybe camping is next (!)

No comments: