Friday, January 13, 2006

Luther says,

"The truth of the Gospel is the principle article of all Christian doctrine....Most necessary is it that we know this article well, teach it to others, and beat it into their heads continually." (on Gal.2:14f)

I love that quote...It is the job of the gospel minister. It is every Christian's duty. Get out your gospel stick!
In the words of that strange genius Ian Dury, "Hit me with your gospel stick, hit me! Hit me!"
(It was a "rhythm stick", I know, but which would you rather be able to sing...?
"I got rhythm" or
"I got the gospel and it's got me!")

The gospel is not easily comprehended.
All of us, to some degree live around the truth of the gospel but do not "get" it. So the key to continual and deeper spiritual renewal and revival is the continual re-discovery of the gospel.

SO HIT ME WITH YOUR GOSPEL STICK
HIT ME SLOWLY, HIT ME QUICK!