Tuesday, June 26, 2007

out and about



It wasn't long ago since we ate an evening meal outside in our garden. I love that about England. Tea on the lawn.

And then what a great couple of hours we had one evening last week, me and my Iranian & Kurdish friends up on Higger Tor. We ate Iranian sweets and drank Iranian tea and sat and were stunned at the beauty of it all as the sun began to set



And then today! What happened to Sheffield!!?
I went for a kebab on the other side of the city with friends and was diverted on the way home because of the most incredible floods. I have never seen the like before. Utter chaos. We couldn't cross the River Don.
I eventually parked and walked and waded!
Every bin you passed was stuffed with broken umbrellas, all roads across the Don were eventually closed. Cars floated. It had an apocalyptic feel to it. Sadly my friends car which he parked up was half submerged, he discovered later this evening. Third party insurance only. Sorry Jerry.
Even sadder were the deaths of young 13 year old boy near our home and and a 68 year old man near where we ate kebabs.

Certainly one of my crazier days.

No comments: