Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Gulp!

Sometimes it's because there's nothing much to say, sometimes busyness. Recently I have had loads of gospel opportunities with people whose photos and stories I'd love to put here but respect for their privacy means I should be careful. I don't think I'd want to be pasted and named on blogs in Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan or Pakistan!

However, here's a discreet pic of one of the best recent moments. Spit roast chicken and khubz with 4 Kurdish guys in the back of a local shop. (spot the loo 2 metres away!). Amazing food and fellowship. Two of the guys are wanting to become Christians, it seems. Times like these open their hearts.


The "gulp" is in reference to last Sunday. I am teaching through Hosea in TCH Sharrow and forgot my notes. Aaarrgh! But... The Holy Spirit is alive and well and helping His children. It was, according to one person, the best teaching time I have led! It was great having everyone contributing so readily and freely. We all were struck again at God's stupendous love for rebels in Hosea 11:

4 I led Israel along
with my ropes of kindness and love.
8 “Oh, how can I give you up, Israel?
How can I let you go?...
My heart is torn within me,
and my compassion overflows.

No comments: