Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Grace! When will I eventually get it?

I read this some time ago and rediscovered it just tonight. I think it happens a lot! Grace! When will I eventually get it?


“Nothing makes people in the church more angry than grace. It’s ironic: we stumble into a party we weren’t invited to and find the uninvited standing at the door making sure no other uninviteds get in. Then a strange phenomenon occurs: as soon as we are included in the party because of Jesus’ irresponsible love, we decide to make grace 'more responsible' by becoming self-appointed Kingdom Monitors, guarding the kingdom of God, keeping the riffraff out (which as I understand it, are who the kingdom of God is supposed to include.)"

Michael Yaconelli in Messy Spirituality

1 comment:

Phil Bentley said...

Martin got me the book Finding Joy (Honeysett) for Christmas.

My favorite qoute so far is: "God's grace has enabled you to enter his presence forever, not knelling like a slave, but standing like a son."

Another amazing thing about grace!