Saturday, September 09, 2006

I think I've mentioned before how I love my hood -Abbeydale & London Rds. I think it's partly the crazy and vast variety of eating places (ranging from Iranian to Polish to Vietnamese to Turkish), partly the variety of people you meet there and partly the friendliness and openness of its merchants.
As part of informal evangelism training, I take walks along Abbeydale/London Rd with guys in TCH, and we aim to make and develop friendships and share the gospel. I've just started this with a dear brother, newly converted and busting with gospel enthusiasm.
His attitude yesterday humbled me big time:
"When I got up", he said "I was like a kid on Christmas Day".
Just because we had arranged to go up Abbeydale/London Rd and chat the gospel to people.

I wish I could recapture something of that excitement.

No comments: