Sunday, October 23, 2005


Today I have been mostly in my bed. Somehow I got the Shanghai Belly. L& W were very sweet. They came in every half hour with suggestions that I eat...egg, bacon...oatmeal. I eventually gave in to the oatmeal. Shame to miss church this morning. Might be able to make it next week before heading back to HK. It was good to rest up, as I perhaps haven't realised how jetlagged I was. Not many highlights today. Three actually...
Chatting with my daughter briefly on MSN was great. Have a lovely time at granny's Anna!
Then getting instant MSN commentary as the action was happening at my new church- TCH On The Hill. What a lovely bunch of bros and siss's. Hearing them pray was a delight. Can't wait to be back with them. They are so keen for ministry. So up for heart change.
Then listened to a Paul Tripp talk on 1 Peter- Trials and suffering. Strange that Peter's defining words for the here and now of the Christian's experience are words like "trial" and "test". We don't hear it taught much these days. I am growing in the conviction that it needs to be heard more, both in discipleship/training AND evangelism. Otherwise, it comes as a big shock and horror, 'what on earth's going on?'.
Hoping the gut will be better tomorrow so I can have my trad Chinese art lesson with Leo's dad (and he his TWWAW) and also I've planned to lunch with a Brit guy in the same line of work. Looking forward to comparing notes with him.
Keep me in touch with your goings on. Hit comment and it comes to my email box. Could someone from TCH Sharrow and TCH 'OTH' send me everyone's emails. Thx. I have lost them. All for now...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Andy

Sounds like this is about as amazing a time as i expected you to have, despite your gut probs!

Keep encouraging the guys there, and come back with lots of news and useful stuff to help us with helping our friends here.

Good start today at Round the Bend....

Love Rob

Anonymous said...

Sunday was subdued?!? I disagree! You weren't there bouncing off the ceiling and blurting out verbal diahorrea (as opposed to what you just had ;-) and there was definitely a big Andy-shaped hole, but it was good stuff!
Exciting times bro - we're eagerly awaiting your return and the many stories and divine coincidences with random people there!
Once you're back you can pass the 'China relay baton' onto Dave and once he's back, onto L, and then W+L+E. Roll on TCH Shanghai!